- Aim-To provide basic knowledge of allotted subjects to enable condidates to carry out detailed professional studies which will help in competitive exam for DSSC/DSTSC.
- The conduct of Command Pre-Staff Course (CPSC) holds unparallel importance for the aspirants of DSSC, as also for the professional military education and career progression of the Indian Army offrs. The conduct of CPSC in two phases; the Offline phase will be conducted by Army Commands for Tac A, Tac B and Adm. Online Phase will be conducted by USI of India for Science & Military Technology (SMT), Current Affairs (CA) and Mil History (MH) is a welcomed step with many advantages like increased availability of offrs in the Army, such as overcoming shortage of psc qualified offrs in fmns, flexibility, Units having more offrs appearing can stagger attendance, not so serious offrs getting filtered by payment model. This will result in saving in Revenue expenditure (TA/DA, ACG, ATG, Messing etc). Online trg is a positive transformation in trg for future, making best available tech and minimizing cost, without compromising on quality of trg, which is being extensively used in almost all universities, schools as well as commercial sector. This model of trg will remain uninterrupted, even if there is a pandemic or any other disruption.
Proposed Modalities of Conduct of Online Phase
- It’s an honour for USI of India to be entrusted with responsibility of conducting the Online Phase of CPSC from 2023. USI of India has long standing and proven credentials, with excellent results in conduct of preparatory courses for DSSC/DSTSC and other promotion exams for Army and Navy. USI of India has requisite expertise, faculty, institutional knowledge, infrastructure, resources and facilities for undertaking the Online model of CPSC (Brochure att). USI has successfully conducted Online as well as Hybrid contact pgmes using virtual facilities in the last three years.
- Subjects.The Online Phase of CPSC will include Current Affairs (CA), Science and Mil Tech (SMT) and Mil History (MH).
- Duration.The total duration of CPSC will continue to be for 42 days (28 days Contact Phase to be conducted by Commands and 14 days Online Phase to be conducted by USI of India).
- Schedule.Multiple Online Courses will be conducted to provide suitable options/flexibility to aspirant offrs to attend the course as per org/pers commitments. Repeated Two-week online CPSC courses will commence from 20 Feb 2023 and will continue till end the 08 May 2023, depending upon the No of students registered for each course with a gap of two days between two capsules. Suitable adjustments will be made to ensure that the Course strength in any of the courses doesn’t exceed 150 offrs. The tentative schedule given out by HQ ARTRAC is as under :
- (a) Contact Ph.
|Ser No||COMD||Contact Ph (28 Days)|
|(i)||SW||23 Jan - 18 Feb|
|(ii)||NC||30 Jan - 25 Feb|
|(iii)||EC||06 Feb - 04 Mar|
|(iv)||WC||13 Feb - 11 Mar|
|(v)||SC||20 Feb - 18 Mar|
- (b) Online Ph.
|Ser No||Online Ph (14 Days)|
|(i)||20 Feb - 04 Mar|
|(ii)||06 Mar - 18 Mar|
|(iii)||20 Mar - 01 Apr|
|(iv)||03 Apr - 15 Apr|
|(v)||17 Apr - 29 Apr|
|(vi)||01 May - 13 May|
|(vii)||15 May - 27 May|
- Modalities. In conduct of the Online Phase of CPSC, all the facilities offered to offrs in erstwhile offline CPSC of 2022 will be replicated, albeit on online mode. Modalities of attendance by the offrs will be over civil internet platforms through comptrs/mobile phones with 4G/5G connectivity. The Online Course will be conducted on WEBEX video conferencing tool. Min three days of instructional activities, one day of mock tests for each of the subjects (SMT, MH, CA) will be ensured. The curriculum for all batches of CPSC will be the same, with minor improvements based on the feedbacks, as the course progresses. The detailed instructions for online attendance, mock tests, discussions on corrected answer sheets are attached. The Online package will comprise of: -
(a) Online classes.
(b) Doubt clearing sessions.
(c) One Mock test per subject. The corrected answer sheet will be discussed between DS and offr who attempted it on google meet.
(d) Lectures by specialists including some serving offrs.
(e) Issue of printed Precis, handouts, updates and other study mtrl.
(f) Audio and visual presentations, video clips.
(g) Post Course guidance by tele conversation/video conferencing at offrs request, with specialized DS.
- Study Mtrl. Printed Precis for each subject (MH, SMT and CA) will be issued. USI will undertake the prep and printing of the Precis and study material for the allotted subjects, which will be issued duly approved by ARTRAC. The distribution to the offrs registered for CPSC will commence by USI of India after registration by the offrs with USI. Only printed Precis will be issued watermarked with Index No specific to offr registered instead of soft copies earlier being disseminated by ARTRAC through-WAN. Precis of Tac A, Tac B and Adm will continue to be issued by HQ ARTRAC through WAN as earlier.
- Registration.USI of India will open registration from 01 October 2022 for all courses scheduled in 2023 including Online CPSC. The subscription fees for Online CPSC will be as under: -
(a) All three subjects - Rs 15000 (13500 CPSC fees + 1500 USI membership fees).
(b) Two Subjects - Rs 13000 (11500 CPSC fees + 1500 USI membership fees).
(c) One Subject - Rs 7500. (6000 CPSC fees + 1500 USI membership fees).
(Refers to para 20 of Prospectus)
REGISTRATION FOR ONLINE CPSC – 2023 AND CORRES COURSES
Registration Process.The registration process has been made very simple and user friendly. The process stands reduced to only two emails to CI, USI of India. Membership of USI of India is a mandatory pre-requisite to joining any USI Correspondence Course. The process is as under:-
(a) Non – Member.
- Open USI website www.usiofindia.org. Download membership form available on website.
- Fwd scanned copy/snapshot of filled and signed membership form along with id proof (scanned copy/snapshot of canteen card/service cert) or the membership form itself can be countersigned by the staff offr / CO.
- E-mail membership form and identity proof, along with the address (where you require study mtrl) to email@example.com, asking for USI bank details.
- Course Sec will provide Bank details for online payment (Membership plus course fees). Do NEFT tfr/online payment to the given USI Bank account and fwd snapshot of tfr details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On receipt of payment, regn will be done by USI and you will be intimated your Course Index No. Course mtrl will be desp to your given add by USI as per the schedule.
(b) Existing Members.
- Membership form or iden proof is not reqd.
- Apply to Chief Instr, fwd requisite application for joining the courses/subjects by email on email@example.com quoting your exiting valid membership No.
- Course sec will provide Bank details for online payment (only for course fees). Payment can be made as explained
- On receipt of payment, regn will be made and you will be intimated your Course Index No. Course mtrl will be desp to your given add by the USI as per the schedule.
(Refers to para 8 of Prospectus - 2023)
MODALITIES FOR ATTENDANCE AND MOCK TESTS DURING ONLINE
PHASE OF CPSC: USI OF INDIA
The modalities for offrs to attend classes on line and mock tests including corrections are as under: -
(a) The detail trgpgme along with the links for all the days will be sent to all offrs registered for the course, well before the commencement of the course. Please note that this link is exclusively for your personal use and Neither Transferable nor for sharing.
(b) The course will commence with the lecture of the CI on guidance for preparation, answering technique and ther issues related to improving the performance, at the specified time. All student offrs are requested to log in 10 minutes before that. The set of DS conducting the session will also log in 10 min before the scheduled time. There will be three to four sessions per day, to include lectures, presentations, discussions, guidance and doubt clearing sessions. The details of subjects and timings will be given in the trgpgme, which will be issued min one month in advance.
(c) Three mock tests (one each for MH, SMT and CA) will be conducted on Saturday and Sunday of the first week and Saturday of the sec week. The question papers for each subject will be dispatched by email to offrs, who have subscribed for it, on the day of exam 15 mins prior to the scheduled time for mock tests. Please be ready with your writing material to appear in the exam as soon as you get the email.
(d) Offr having appeared for mock test will dispatch their notebooks by speed post imdt for correction. While sending the notebook for correction, please mention your mob No and email address on the notebook for DS.
(e) The answer sheet will be corrected and sent back to the offrs at the earliest. USI will send the suggested answers on completion of each online course by post. In your own interest, please do not delay dispatching answered notebooks to enable timely discussion on your corrected answered notebook.
(f) The corrected Notebook sent to the offers will have the mobile No of the DS on it. The offer on receipt of the notebook will tie up with the DS and org a video call/google meet to discuss his notebook with the DS, who has corrected it, on a one-to-one basis.
(g) All DS correcting the of answer book of Online Student are requested to put their mob No and keep a snapshot of the general comments for subsequent discussion with the offer as per their convenience. The date and time of the google meet/video call to be as per convenience of the DS, which will be org by the students themselves through a phone call. Snapshots of corrections can also be exchanged between students and DS through WhatsApp to facilitate discussion